Apparent, Inc., an energy management services and software company headquartered in Novato, CA, is revolutionizing grid edge technologies. Apparent’s cutting-edge energy platform and communications technology uses deep learning algorithms to integrate renewables, storage, and traditional energy markets to create new markets for energy producers. Apparent is reinventing the way the grid and consumers manage and use energy.
We are looking to hire a crew member for residential and commercial solar installations in the South Bay. Experience in the field of solar installations is ideal, and experience within the construction field is required. Crew members must be able to follow instructions and be able to complete tasks independently.
Apparent, Inc. is looking for a crew member to help with installation of their residential and commercial solar energy systems in the South Bay. The position is best suited for a person who has construction experience and has some familiarity with installation of electrical conduit and basic wiring related to AC and DC systems.
The crew member is responsible for constructing solar energy systems in accordance with plans, Apparent’s specifications, and the manufacturer’s requirements for roof and/or ground mounted structures, including installation of DC solar modules, connections, inverters, disconnects, and combiner boxes. The crew member should have the confidence to work independently, delegate tasks when needed, and serve as the primary support to the crew foreman.
Apparent provides competitive pay for this position, based on experience. The position can be per project or on an employment basis.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Mounting and construction of solar racking system components.
• Installation of DC solar modules including connection of solar modules.
• Familiarity with installation of electrical conduit.
• Basic wiring knowledge for AC and DC systems.
• Installation of inverters, disconnects and combiner boxes.
• Ability to lift up to 75 lbs. on a regular basis.
• Provide proof of and maintain reliable transportation and good driving record.
CREW MEMBERS WILL BE CAPABLE OF
• Constructing system according to plans, specifications and manufacturer’s requirements for roof and/or ground mounted structures.
• Ability and confidence to work isolated and delegate tasks, serve as primary support to the crew foreman.
• Responsible, hardworking and enthusiastic.
• Work in various conditions including exposure to sun/weather and heights above 6’.
• Willingness to learn through hands on training.
• Disciplined, respectful, self‐motivated work style.
• Interact with customers and potential customers in a respectful manner that represents the professionalism that the company expects.
• Willingness to work overtime in excess of 40hrs/week according to the needs of the company
Please email your resume with a letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. Apparent accepts applications from principals qualified to work in the United States. Please do not submit an application through a third-party vendor.
Apparent, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. We are committed to maintaining a diverse workforce and strongly believe in equal opportunity for all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship without regard to any protected characteristic or disability in accord with applicable law.