Director, Business Development
Apparent, Inc. is an energy services and software company that is revolutionizing grid edge technologies. Apparent is empowering communities to create transformative networks that generate and utilize renewably-sourced, low cost, and truly carbon-free energy. With our cutting-edge AI platform and communications technology, we are leading the way toward real-time synergy between renewables and traditional energy markets.
If you are the kind of person energized by a working culture that addresses big problems through dedication, ingenuity, creativity, and vision, we encourage you to apply.
The Director, Business Development propels continuous institutional and revenue growth for Apparent through prolific establishment and execution of strategic partnerships and sales initiatives. The ideal candidate possesses excellent communication, analytical, research, leadership, and interpersonal skills, and is highly driven to succeed. The Director, Business Development reports to the Vice President of Business Development.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Consistently reaches and exceeds sales goals
- Continuously increases client base and revenue sources
- Leads and oversees cross-departmental sales initiatives and activities
Proposals & Program Launches
- Directs negotiations of pricing and sales agreements with clients
- Researches and keeps up to date with the most recent market and client drivers in order to effectively lead the proposal team in strategic efforts, including competitive positioning, approaches, and pricing
- Serves as Apparent’s primary liaison during the proposal stage, effectively managing all client interactions and expectations
- Conducts debrief meetings with clients to track and discuss profit/loss analyses
- Initiates, tracks, and coordinates new and existing business development opportunities, and regularly reports all progress to the business development team
- Provides guidance and support during project launches to ensure smooth client transitions from the proposal stage to the project implementation stage
- Conceives, designs, formulates, and promotes integrated marketing and business strategies, including regional business development and key account plans
- Liaises, develops, and grows relationships with various clients, strategic partners, and key contractors
- Actively participates and represents the company at conferences and other events
- Provides guidance and feedback to business development-related regulatory activities
- Represents and promotes the company brand and thought leadership during regulatory proceedings while pursuing and building strategic initiatives and projects
- At least five (5) years of experience driving continuous revenue growth for an energy management or services company
- Strong entrepreneurial drive with proven track record of high-performance and continuous improvement
- Excellent, results-focused analytical skills related to sales and marketing
- Highly effective management, negotiation, and leadership skills
- Assertive, dynamic, and persuasive communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Considerable experience working with the energy efficient regulatory environment in California and/or Hawaii, and with PUCs
- Proven connections with energy efficiency (EE) and demand response (DR) networks in California
- Knowledge of and experience with energy financing
- Advanced education, such as B.S. in Civil, Electrical and/or Mechanical Engineering; an MBA a plus
Please email your resume with a letter of interest to email@example.com. Apparent accepts applications from principals qualified to work in the United States. Please do not submit an application through a third party vendor.
Apparent, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. We are committed to maintaining a diverse workforce and strongly believe in equal opportunity for all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship without regard to any protected characteristic or disability in accord with applicable law.