Director, Business Development
Apparent, Inc., an energy management services and software company, is revolutionizing grid edge technologies. Apparent’s cutting-edge energy platform and communications technology uses deep learning algorithms to integrate renewables, storage, and traditional energy markets to create new markets for energy producers. Apparent is reinventing the way the grid and consumers manage and use energy.
Business Development is a key activity for an emerging company especially one that is introducing a disruptive technology. A successful Director Business Development will be comfortable in a highly visible role and able to work at the pace of an emerging company to develop and successfully pursue strategies to commercialize Apparent’s software and products in newly created markets.
Director, Business Development
The Director Business Development works with senior management across departments to develop market and licensing strategies, build key partner relationships, negotiate and close business deals, and maintain extensive knowledge of current market conditions. Your key responsibilities as the Director Business Development will include:
- Creating and defining business strategies to access multiple lines of business consistent with the Company’s overall goals
- Developing business presentation materials and modeling
- Developing and making proposals, managing the proposal development process – serving as Apparent’s primary liaison for business presentations with partners
- Evaluating the opportunities, risks, and solutions presented by potential mergers and private equity investment
- Developing a business development team, managing and mentoring team members
- Monitoring market, regulatory, and competitor activities and trends; initiates, tracks, and coordinates new and existing business development opportunities, and regularly reports all progress to the business development team
- Supporting marketing activities, including trade/scientific shows, publications and, through example, establish the transparent, professional approach that will characterize business development interaction with third parties
- An MBA, with STEM undergraduate experience preferred; or, an undergraduate degree in economics, finance with demonstrated experience
- Five years of related experience preferably in energy management or services company in clean tech
- Strong entrepreneurial drive with proven track record of high-performance and continuous improvement
- Analytical skills related to marketing, licensing, commercialization, preferably in clean tech
- Effective management, negotiation, and leadership skills
HOW TO SET YOURSELF APART
- Experience working with state, ISO, and/or federal energy regulatory agencies
- Hands on experience with energy financing, energy trading, sale of ancillary services
- Hands on experience contracting with bi-lateral contracting with utilities, ISOs, community energy cooperatives
Please email your resume with a letter of interest to email@example.com. Apparent accepts applications from principals qualified to work in the United States. Please do not submit an application through a third party vendor.
Apparent, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. We are committed to maintaining a diverse workforce and strongly believe in equal opportunity for all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship without regard to any protected characteristic or disability in accord with applicable law.