Director of Finance
Apparent, Inc., an energy management services and software company, is revolutionizing grid edge technologies. Apparent’s cutting-edge energy platform and communications technology uses deep learning algorithms to integrate renewables, storage, and traditional energy markets to create new markets for energy producers. Apparent is reinventing the way the grid and consumers manage and use energy.
We are looking for Director of Finance to support Apparent’s national and international growth. If you are the kind of person energized by a working culture that addresses big problems through collaborative problem solving, ingenuity, and vision, we encourage you to apply.
Director of Finance
As the leader of Apparent’s Finance team, the Director of Finance’s encompassing role will be to build collaborative relationships at all levels of the company and develop finance systems to capture and track the company’s performance and growth. The Director of Finance will be responsible for all accounting, outside tax preparation, and finance reporting for Apparent as well as its related entities. The Director of Finance will develop and implement policies, identify and report on key indicators, and support the business development functions of the Company. This role requires an individual who is comfortable in a highly visible, dynamic, and fast-paced role and, importantly, has excellent communication skills and works at the pace of business.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Coordinates and assists with the periodic close processes for Apparent and each related company, supporting the Finance Team to anticipate accounting and financial activity
- Actively manages externally processed payroll, PTO accrual, expense reporting
- Actively manages billing, collections, and operational and financial performance
- Manages outsourced functions and relationships.
Reporting and Compliance
- Implements and maintains periodic reporting on key indicators
- Calculates, evaluates, and issues financial and operating metrics for internal and external reporting
- Implements a system of management cost and budgeting with emphasis on continual improvement of financial efficiency
- Provides financial analyses for capital investment, pricing, contracting
- Timely reports to all levels of government, tax filings
- Prepares corporate filings, annual reporting, and reporting to investors
- BS or BA in Accounting, Finance, or Economics with preference for individuals with undergraduate STEM degrees.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in Finance, with focus in business financial planning and analysis, with preference given to candidates with experience in start-up companies, renewable energy, real estate or property management, or construction.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills for this role with visibility in and outside of the Company.
- Track record in building collaborative teams with members supported and directly managed.
- Analytical skills and advanced financial modeling techniques, with ability to build and convey business insight.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
Ways to Stand Out:
- MBA or advanced degree in finance, accounting or economics
- Work-place experience with an energy company
- Demonstrated business judgment and problem solving
Please email your resume with a letter of interest to email@example.com. Apparent accepts applications from principals qualified to work in the United States.
Apparent, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. We are committed to maintaining a diverse workforce and strongly believe in equal opportunity for all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship.