Director of Systems Operations
Apparent, Inc. is an energy services and software company that is revolutionizing grid edge technologies. Apparent is empowering communities to create transformative networks that generate and utilize renewably-sourced, low cost, and truly carbon-free energy. With our cutting-edge AI platform and communications technology, we are leading the way toward real-time synergy between renewables and traditional energy markets.
If you are the kind of person energized by a working culture that addresses big problems through dedication, ingenuity, creativity, and vision, we encourage you to apply.
The Director of Systems Operations oversees all interconnected operations of the bulk electric systems (BES) to prevent malfunctions and ensure complete reliability while complying with all applicable governmental regulations and minimizing costs. The ideal candidate exhibits a proven track record of superior judgment in applying expert knowledge and skills related to systems operations management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Establishes and ensures reliable day-to-day BES compliance procedures to prevent compounding system failures and outages
● Develops and implements restoration and other problem-solving procedures
● Identifies and employs the most cost-effective criteria and policies for assessing and procuring energy sources to meet customers’ electricity needs
● Determines and executes strategies for coordination and integration of transmission and generation systems
● Provides input and guidance during transmission contract negotiations, and resolves potential conflicts arising from interpretation, administration and compliance with contract terms
● Formulates operational guidelines concerning management of energy consumption and processing of invoice payments according to transmission agreement terms
● Coordinates and ensures sufficient availability of stock reserves necessary for uninterrupted and reliable use of all power system control equipment, from hardware and software applications to network support
● Represents the company at industry events, including federal, state, and local conferences, and actively participates in development of grid transmission policies
● Creates and regulates policies to cost-effectively streamline energy flows between interconnected utilities
Please email your resume with a letter of interest to email@example.com. Apparent accepts applications from principals qualified to work in the United States. Please do not submit an application through a third party vendor.
Apparent, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. We are committed to maintaining a diverse workforce and strongly believe in equal opportunity for all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship without regard to any protected characteristic or disability in accord with applicable law.