Dispatcher – Bulk Electric Systems (BES)
Apparent, Inc. is an energy services and software company that is revolutionizing grid edge technologies. Apparent is empowering communities to create transformative networks that generate and utilize renewably-sourced, low cost, and truly carbon-free energy. With our cutting-edge AI platform and communications technology, we are leading the way toward real-time synergy between renewables and traditional energy markets.
If you are the kind of person energized by a working culture that addresses big problems through dedication, ingenuity, creativity, and vision, we encourage you to apply.
The Dispatcher (BES) ensures uninterrupted delivery of electricity service through round-the-clock monitoring and maintenance of power system specification limits. The ideal candidate exhibits a proven track record of skilled judgment in applying considerable knowledge and skills related to bulk electric systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Monitors all power system controls, including capacitor and inductor banks, generators, and transformers to ensure stability, and alerts the Director of Systems Operations of any deviations from predetermined system parameters
• Performs first-response actions during power outages or emergencies, and assists with developing and implementing restoration and other problem-solving procedures
• Ensures general safety of all staff and equipment, and accuracy of all switching orders
• Prepares and processes switching orders, clearance documents, releases, and returns of all equipment after necessary research and investigation
• Assists with recoveries from transmission and substation system interruptions
• Under the supervision of the Director of Systems Operations, ensures reliable power system activity through proper management of voltage levels
• Examines and adheres to all pertinent Load Dispatcher-BES NERC Reliability Standards
• Interfaces with various customer groups to explain operational issues
• Synthesizes and applies various information, including those gathered by field personnel, to address routine issues and resolve problems
• Tracks all system alarms and responds to emergencies as directed by the Director of Systems Operations
Please email your resume with a letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. Apparent accepts applications from principals qualified to work in the United States. Please do not submit an application through a third party vendor.
Apparent, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. We are committed to maintaining a diverse workforce and strongly believe in equal opportunity for all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship without regard to any protected characteristic or disability in accord with applicable law.