Electrical Systems Engineer
Apparent, Inc. is an energy services and software company that is revolutionizing grid edge technologies. Apparent is empowering communities to create transformative networks that generate and utilize renewably-sourced, low cost, and truly carbon-free energy. With our cutting-edge AI platform and communications technology, we are leading the way toward real-time synergy between renewables and traditional energy markets.
If you are the kind of person energized by a working culture that addresses big problems through dedication, ingenuity, creativity, and vision, we encourage you to apply.
The Electrical Systems Engineer designs overhead and underground electric distribution systems for renewable energy projects. The ideal candidate will demonstrate successful design and implementation skills, solid knowledge of electric distribution design and related subjects, and a strong record of continual improvement.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- While complying with all internal and industry standards and procedures, prepares detailed designs of electric distribution systems and related construction orders
- Participates in Right of Way (easement) negotiations and processing for proposed utility equipment
- Prepares design sketches, cost estimates, bills of materials, and other necessary documents for construction and maintenance projects
- Performs load studies on distribution transformers, investigate circuit overloads and voltage complaints to determine proper corrective actions
- Prepares, maintains, and submits required reports and correspondence
- Monitors construction and tracks progress on all proposed designs using various company and client information systems
- Continually improves and applies knowledge of electric distribution design, electrical engineering, GIS, CADD and other pertinent subjects
- CA PE or EIT License
- Experience with National Electrical Code (2017) and commercial permit process
- Familiarity with emerging California and Hawaii grid interconnect requirements
Please email your resume with a letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. Apparent accepts applications from principals qualified to work in the United States. Please do not submit an application through a third party vendor.
Apparent, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. We are committed to maintaining a diverse workforce and strongly believe in equal opportunity for all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship without regard to any protected characteristic or disability in accord with applicable law.