Apparent, Inc., an energy management services and software company, is revolutionizing grid edge technologies. Apparent’s cutting-edge energy platform and communications technology uses deep learning algorithms to integrate renewables, storage, and traditional energy markets to create new markets for energy producers. Apparent is reinventing the way the grid and consumers manage and use energy.
We are looking for a Finance Specialist to support Apparent’s finance department as the Company grows. This position will report to the Director of Finance and will assist the Company Finance Manager.
Finance Specialist (Part-time, 2-3 days per week)
Apparent, Inc. is looking for a part-time Finance Specialist to support the finance and accounting team at its Novato headquarters. The position is best suited for someone who is detail oriented and has 1-3 years of experience with the accounting/bookkeeping fundamentals, either in a professional or educational environment. The Finance Specialist will be responsible for general ledger (GL) coding, review, and entry of invoices, expense reports and purchase orders into QuickBooks. Job duties will also include preparing regular GL entries and interacting with other employees to obtain approvals and expense information when needed. Additionally, the finance specialist will be responsible for printing invoices, preparing check batches, and filing documents as needed by the Finance Manager.
The ideal candidate will have a good working knowledge of Excel, a positive attitude, and an ability to learn quickly. Experience with QuickBooks is required.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• General ledger (GL) coding, review and entry of invoices, expense reports, and purchase orders.
• Preparation of QuickBooks GL entries for Finance Manager, such as depreciation, fixed assets, and semi-monthly payroll entries.
• Review of submitted expense reports to ensure compliance with company expense policies.
• Follow up with employees when questions arise regarding purchases or documentation.
• Print emailed invoices from vendors.
• Preparing and printing check batches.
• Obtaining approvals on documents in accordance with company approval matrix.
• Filing of documents.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• 1-3 years of related experience either professionally or in college (finance/accounting or similar major).
• Good working knowledge of Excel.
• Experience working with QuickBooks.
• Detail oriented.
Please email your resume with a letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. Apparent accepts applications from principals qualified to work in the United States.
Apparent, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. We are committed to maintaining a diverse workforce and strongly believe in equal opportunity for all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship.