Full Stack Developer
Apparent, Inc. is an energy services and software company that is revolutionizing grid edge technologies. Apparent empowers communities to create transformative networks that generate and utilize renewably sourced, low-cost, and truly carbon-free energy. Our cutting-edge energy platform and communications technology, leads the way toward real-time synergy between renewables and traditional energy markets.
If you are the kind of person energized by a working culture that addresses big problems through dedication, ingenuity, creativity, and vision, we encourage you to apply.
Full Stack Developer
The position of Full Stack Developer will work on key products of Apparent’s energy platform. Our integrated products utilize Python, PHP, MySQL, as well as Apparent’s own proprietary software.
The primary responsibility of this position will be to support and improve EnergyReviewTM, our online analytics and reporting system for installed solar sites. EnergyReviewTM is written in PHP using the Zend Framework and MySQL. The secondary responsibility of the Full Stack Developer will be to provide additional programming for Apparent’s Gateway. Our Gateway is primarily written in Python.
The ideal candidate will be self-directed and comfortable working independently, skilled at debugging complex systems, proficient in all stages of software development, capable of working on multiple projects at different levels of the stack, and interested in energy management and power systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain and improve Apparent’s existing code base
- Integrate Apparent software and hardware platforms
- Design, develop, and maintain Apparent’s online analytics and reporting system
- Enhance data graphing to provide clear and readable analytics
- Revamp and improve Apparent’s site mapping system
- Monitor, maintain, and update Linux AWS servers
- Programming for Apparent’s Gateway product
- Collaborate with the testing department to improve usability
- BS degree in Engineering, Computer Science; or BA with equivalent work experience
- Two to three years’ professional experience with:
- PHP5, PHP7, and Zend 1
- Python 2 and Python 3
- HTML and CSS
- AWS and other related technology
- Networking Protocols such as TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, HTTP, and NTP
- Sharp attention to detail, good problem-solving skills, and ability to multitask
- Passion for collaboration
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- In-depth experience with Git
- Front-end design knowledge
- Experience working with an Agile team
Please email your resume with a letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. Apparent accepts applications from principals qualified to work in the United States. Please do not submit an application through a third-party vendor.
Apparent, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. We are committed to maintaining a diverse workforce and strongly believe in equal opportunity for all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship.