Power Coordinator I
Apparent, Inc. is an energy services and software company that is revolutionizing grid edge technologies. Apparent is empowering communities to create transformative networks that generate and utilize renewably-sourced, low cost, and truly carbon-free energy. With our cutting-edge AI platform and communications technology, we are leading the way toward real-time synergy between renewables and traditional energy markets.
If you are the kind of person energized by a working culture that addresses big problems through dedication, ingenuity, creativity, and vision, we encourage you to apply.
The Power Coordinator I assists with ensuring reliable day-to-day and real-time bulk electric systems (BES) compliance to help prevent compounding system failures and outages. The ideal candidate exhibits a proven track record of skilled judgment in applying considerable knowledge and skills related to systems operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Facilitates control and reduction of firm loads to help mitigate or prevent SOL and IROL violations
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of and operational compliance with NERC and FRCC Reliability Standards
- Modulates dispatch of generation resources to cost-effectively optimize BES functions
- Supports the Director of System Operations with rapid repair and recovery during generation or transmission malfunctions
- Oversees round-the-clock scheduling of acquisitions and distributions of interchange, purchased power, partial requirement, and transmission service between utilities and independent power producers
Please email your resume with a letter of interest to email@example.com. Apparent accepts applications from principals qualified to work in the United States. Please do not submit an application through a third party vendor.
Apparent, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. We are committed to maintaining a diverse workforce and strongly believe in equal opportunity for all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship without regard to any protected characteristic or disability in accord with applicable law.