Procurement Engineer/Technical Assistant
Apparent, Inc. is an energy services and software company that is revolutionizing grid edge technologies. Apparent is empowering communities to create transformative networks that generate and utilize renewably-sourced, low cost, and truly carbon-free energy. With our cutting-edge AI platform and communications technology, we are leading the way toward real-time synergy between renewables and traditional energy markets.
If you are the kind of person energized by a working culture that addresses big problems through dedication, ingenuity, creativity, and vision, we encourage you to apply.
The Procurement Engineer assists with quality control, standardization, and availability of effective support systems at every stage and aspect of the production process by monitoring and anticipating potential issues related to work environment, inventory management, logistics, material flow, costs, and scheduling limitations. The ideal candidate exhibits a proven track record of utilizing advanced skills in project management, cost modeling, and concept generation and selection. The Procurement Engineer reports to the Director of Supply Chain.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Applies lean methods to optimize manufacturing processes for assembly and fabrication
- Assists to establish product quality and reliability standards through analysis of statistical data and product specification comparisons
- Assists with effective and cost-efficient inventory management
- Proactively addresses production issues and rapidly resolves problems in an economic and efficient manner
- Assists to develop component and process documentation
- Assists with Engineering Change Requests, including prototype development and component testing
- Ensures compliance with project schedules and budgets
- Strategizes for continuous improvement of engineering practices and system procedures to ensure optimal safety, efficiency, and productivity
Please email your resume with a letter of interest to email@example.com. Apparent accepts applications from principals qualified to work in the United States. Please do not submit an application through a third party vendor.
Apparent, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. We are committed to maintaining a diverse workforce and strongly believe in equal opportunity for all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship without regard to any protected characteristic or disability in accord with applicable law.