Python Embedded Systems Engineer
Apparent, Inc. is an energy services and software company that is revolutionizing grid edge technologies. Apparent is empowering communities to create transformative networks that generate and utilize renewably-sourced, low cost, and truly carbon-free energy. With our cutting-edge AI platform and communications technology, we are leading the way toward real-time synergy between renewables and traditional energy markets.
If you are the kind of person energized by a working culture that addresses big problems through dedication, ingenuity, creativity, and vision, we encourage you to apply.
The Python Embedded System Engineer manages the interchange of data between the server and users to ensure efficient and timely responsiveness to front-end requests. The ideal candidate will exhibit solid knowledge of and experience with Python and other related system control and management programming languages, and a proven track record of continual improvement.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Designs, develops, and writes reusable, testable, and efficient code
- In collaboration with software systems engineer and other technical experts, learns and understands subsystem and component specifications in order to recommend changes and improvements
- Manages the development sprints and compares tracking progress with plans
- Maintains and provides detailed documentation of all individual work to ensure effective collaboration
- S. degree in Engineering or Computer Science, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Solid knowledge of and experience with Python, multi-process, Linux Daemons, MySQL, modbus devices communication, network protocols (such as TCP and UDP), and multicast
- Good understanding and knowledge of decision-making systems and complex algorithms
- Strong interest in solar power and control systems
- Working knowledge of git
- Experience running Agile development projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Please email your resume with a letter of interest to email@example.com. Apparent accepts applications from principals qualified to work in the United States. Please do not submit an application through a third party vendor.
Apparent, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. We are committed to maintaining a diverse workforce and strongly believe in equal opportunity for all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship without regard to any protected characteristic or disability in accord with applicable law.